Social Media Specialists (Volunteer)
FBCLG is an online church with an in-person option. Therefore, it is essential that we provide our virtual community with an intimate and engaging experience that is not bound by space and location. Social media is a critical means to creating opportunities to fellowship and participate in ministry. The Social Media Specialist will contributes to and implement FBCLG’s comprehensive social media strategy that will be measured against established key performance indicators, while ensuring at all times FBCLG’s social media policy is enforced.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Creates photos, videos, graphics and other content that will drive traffic to FBCLG’s social media channels, increasing the number of followers as well as the level of engagement. (50%)
- Works with the Communications Director to create and schedule interactive, engaging content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, You Tube and more.
- Under direction of the Communications Director, supports the planning, development and implementation of social media strategies, content calendars, and tactical plans, ensuring that all social media messages, measurements, and content are relevant to target audience.
- Assists with the management, post scheduling and monitoring of church-wide social media accounts.
- Supports the Communications Director in working with colleagues and volunteers to plan and create content for social media channels.
- Keeps up with social media trends and updates, tracks social media traffic, and makes suggestions for increased engagement. (35%)
- Collaborates with the Communications Director to develop and implement a long-term strategy for engagement with influencers, such as clergy, alumni, media, public figures, activists, and others.
- Supports the Communications Director in addressing inquiries and comments.
- Monitors chatter and reports on trends, potential crises, and high-stakes conversations taking place in social media or other online channels.
- Develops graphics, creates professional images and infographics using advanced proficiency in Photoshop. (10%)
- Adheres to Communications department’s overall performance expectations at all times. (5%)
- Reports to work and scheduled work activities on time
- Provides clear, articulate and accurate written and verbal communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to FBCLG mission and goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Communication and Marketing team functions and ability to identify resources for further research/information.
- Maintains composure, focuses on tasks, and maintains effective co-worker relations
- Conducts her/himself in an ethical manner and promotes respect and dignity for others.
- Is flexible in responding to changing work demands and the needs of constituents and coworkers.
- Is accessible, friendly, and responsive to constituents and coworkers.
- Provides accurate information to meet clients, constituent, and coworker needs.
- Prioritizes and schedules work, balancing user requirements and team resources to handle multiple projects with the highest level of service and efficient use of resources.
- Serves as primary contact and communications and marketing team liaison as assigned.
- Openly shares relevant information with coworkers.
- Takes responsibility for team assignments.
- Willingly pitches in to help others to get a job done.
- Serves as a persuasive and organized team member and supports the work of peers and other FBCLG staff, shares knowledge and lends assistance; is perceived as a communication resource.
- Contributes to the overall research, assessment, measurement, and reporting of communications dashboard.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication, marketing, digital communications, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated professional experience creating and monitoring social media content for social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Adobe CS Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Basic video-editing and photo-editing skills.
- Excellent communication, writing, and graphic design skills as well as demonstrated knowledge of basic video-editing and photo-editing skills; proficiency in use of photo and video equipment, DSLR cameras, lighting systems a plus.
- An eye for selecting dynamic photographs and images for use on social media that reflect the values and priorities of FBCLG.
- Highly motivated and possess a high degree of creativity with
ability to handle high volume of work and tight deadlines.
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on completing projects in a timely manner.
- Organized and detail oriented and able to articulate concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
FBCLG reserves the right to amend this position description at any time