Position Title: Video Producer – Editor
Reports to: Communications Director
FBCLG is a 5,000-member intergenerational community that is growing and moving boldly into its future. We are rooted in tradition, growing in innovation and transforming lives as we meet the needs of God’s people in real-time.
The vision for First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens is based on the following guiding principles:
- We are all born in the image and likeness of God and God is internal to us. Therefore, we should hunger and strive to move deeper into a life of the divine.
- Without abandoning our rich past, new approaches are required to attain the higher level God has for us.
- We want disciples to go beyond the limits of merely practicing religion and move toward a radical relationship with our Redeemer.
- Operating in sound theology and honoring biblical traditions, our ministries will span the gamut of the needs of God’s people with the intention of helping disciples live in their divinity.
- From conversations among single Christians to marriage ministry retreats to youth explosions, God has called FBCLG to innovate. That means we are an intergenerational community that is growing and moving boldly into its future and transforming lives as we meet the needs of God’s people in real-time.
Position Summary: The Video Producer – Editor is an audiovisual specialist responsible for planning and implementing all of the elements of video content. The incumbent will manage material such as camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects through every stage of the production process from concept to production to final edit. This individual must be as equally committed to the calling of Jesus Christ as they are to their professional responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans, directs, shoots and produces weekly video content for weekend services, ministries and special events.
- Produces occasional videos that highlight the story, mission, and purpose of FBCLG, and communicate the value of the ministry to its members, the community, and the world.
- Participates in regular brainstorm and planning sessions to craft creative and engaging worship services and events.
- Encodes audio and video and update online media center, and social media platforms, and predetermined websites weekly and monthly.
- Manage multiple projects to completion with strict deadlines and quick turnaround.
- Recruits, trains, and mentors video team volunteers.
- Captures footage of church-wide events, outreach, etc., and maintains well-organized video archive.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging trends in video production and story-telling.
- Assists with the assessment of current and future technology needs
Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in film or media related field is a plus.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in video production.
- Experience in video directing, shooting, producing, and editing.
- Experience and training in studio and field production including lighting, audio and camera work.
- Experience and training in post-production work including non-linear editing, compositing, and motion graphic design.
- Advanced knowledge of video switching systems, DSLR, ENG and Cinematic cameras.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of video editing, including importing content, working with a variety of compression formats, basic audio mixing and DVD authoring.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in video production, graphic design and storytelling.
- Experience developing, planning and storyboarding video shoots.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition. Skills on additional platforms are a plus.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Self-motivated, strong creative drive with attention to details.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, building effective relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Working Conditions: The schedule includes Sundays and onsite hours during the week. Hours will vary based on programs and events. Incumbent has the ability to flex hours with approval from the Executive Director within the 40-hour work week. . Requires ability to walk, stand, and sit for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement benefits; paid time off, and work/life benefits.
Download Job Description
NOTE: THE PURPOSE OF THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS TO PROVIDE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES WITH A GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE. IT IS NOT AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF THE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB. YOU MAY BE ASKED BY YOUR SUPERVISORS OR MANAGERS TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES. YOU WILL BE EVALUATED IN PART BASED UPON YOUR PERFORMANCE OF THE TASKS LISTED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION. THE EMPLOYER HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON.